You can also use our metal double honey sieve to let honey flow from freshly cut cappings into a bucket ensuring you get every last drop of liquid gold.
It is a combination of two sieves, one coarse and one fine, attached to each other with one on top and one on the bottom. The top sieve is made of a 14 mesh (1.4 mm) wire mesh and the bottom sieve is made of an even finer 25 mesh (.7 mm) wire mesh. The bottom sieve has a wide band of stainless steel around the top which the top sieve snaps into. The wide band around the bottom sieve also has adjustable, stainless steel holders that allow for the sieve to sit on top of a bucket that is up to 14” in diameter (but not less than 10” in diameter).
For bottling purposes, we recommend to use this sieve in combination with either our 3.5 gallon pail with honey gate (link) or our 6 gallon pail with honey gate (link). Use once you have spun your first few loads of honey-filled frames in the extractor. Simply place the sieve on top of your bottling bucket, place the bucket under the gate at the bottom of your extractor, open the gate slowly and watch as your pure, delicious honey flows out and into the double sieve. Be sure to watch the flow carefully as you don’t want the sieve to overflow with honey. As you continue to extract, you will notice that the large chunks of beeswax, pollen and bee parts cause the sieve to get clogged. A capping scratcher (link) works great to scrape this debris out. You can also place your freshly cut cappings into the bottom sieve, place the sieve on top of a bucket and wait for them to drain which could take up to a couple of days depending on how warm the room is (honey will flow much faster in a warm room).
Our metal double honey sieve measures 4” tall by 9.5” in diameter. It can be cleaned in warm, soapy water.
Metal Double Honey Sieve
• Returns must be requested within 10 business days of receipt.
• 15% restock fee will be applied.
• Damaged or missing product must be communicated to a Customer Service Representative within 48 hours of receipt.
• NO return authorizations, credits, or exchanges will be issued for any food products that have been opened, defaced, or relabeled.
• NO return authorizations, credits, or exchanges will be issued for any bee medications, fresh frozen royal jelly, beeswax foundation, skin care products, cosmetics, or books.
• All Returns to our Store require original receipt.
• Contact a Customer Service Representative for further detail.
• Return freight paid by customer.
• Upon return product will be inspected by a team member. If it is determined product has been opened, defaced, or relabeled T and A Bees reserves all rights to dispose of product and withhold refund.
• If product is found to meet our return policy, a refund will be applied to your account, less a 15% restock fee.
• All deductions from invoice require prior approval.